Hi,

what's the current status on combining UIMA and Python?

I know that it should be possible to write AEs in Python using either the BSF Annotator (and jython) or Pythonnator (using SWIG). I haven't tried either one yet, so I'm open to recommendations on which to use.

I would also very much like to write UIMA (and especially UIMA AS) clients in Python. Is it possible at all to use an annotation pipeline from a language other than Java? We are currently using the simple REST server for this, but it has serious limitations.

Lastly, and probably more simply, I would like to be able to work with XMI files using Python. There used to be uimapy by Ed Loper, but I can't find a copy anywhere and the sourcefore repository is empty. I found no mention on the mailing list of what happened to the project and the discussion about seems to just have ended quite abruptly.

Thanks for any suggestions or hints,

Jens