On 11/15/2011 02:55 PM, Spico Florin wrote:
Hello!
   I have an UIMA AS application that is using third party libraries. I
would like to know the following:
1. Where (location) we can add these third  libraries such that the
deployed application to be aware of them and not throwing
"ClassNotFoundException"?
    A brute force solution for me, was to add them directly in the UIMA AS
"lib/" folder, but this solution was just for testing and is not acceptable
in production.
2. How can be set up this third party libraries when generating PEAR file
in a such a way that deploying the application will consider them and won't
be necessary to manually add them to the classpath?

UIMA AS doesn't directly support PEAR files. You will have to install the pear and set the classpath when you deploy it to UIMA AS.

Where to put libraries so they will be correctly referenced in the PEAR (i.e. they are included in the install.xml and setenv.txt) depends on how you build the PEAR. You may need to include the libraries in your Eclipse build path, or put them in a directory that your Maven configuration includes when building the PEAR.

HTH,
Jens