Hi, I'm still having some other problems in getting it to work well with the pear packaging plugin (naming conventions, descriptor locations, etc.), so I'm not sure if I can create a fully automated build.

It would still be nice to not have to edit the descriptor manually, but since I have to do some manual steps anyway it's not as important to get it fixed right now.

I'll create the feature request anyway, as it would be quite useful for people using CPE, UIMA-AS or other descriptor-based deployments...

Bye,
Jens

It is a known "gap". I deliberately left this out of the current version
because the auto-detect mechanism (types.txt) may detect much more than the component
needs. Input/output capabilities are also not a reliable source of information, in
particular for components in which types are configured via parameters.

I don't think it would be difficult to add. Please open a feature request if
you need this, along with a motivation. If you can spare the time, patches are
surely welcome. It would probably be good to have this enabled by default, but
allow to disable it.

Cheers,

-- Richard