Hi everyone,

I discovered today that ducc_ling is taking only the default group of the
submitter user to switch the group of the process to be launched. I
discovered this by chance because a new user, whose group definition is not
in the same order as the others, tried to launch some tasks on Ducc. Besides
being a restriction which is difficult to discover, this would also limit the
the number of groups that we can use to protect our resources to only one.

I am not an expert in systems programming, but I found on the web that it is
also possible to get and assign a list of groups (getgrouplist/setgroups) to
a process.

I was wondering if there is any particular reason for not assigning the whole
list of groups of the submitter user to the process in ducc_ling? If not, can
we expect this feature to be implemented soon?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Erdem Ozcan