Dear list,

I need to use UIMA in a project, which uses a runtime platform (Apache
Karaf [1]), which is based on an OSGi container (e.g., Apache Felix [2]).

Unfortunately, the artifacts on Maven Central (both uimaj-core and
uimafit-core) are not OSGi bundles, nor they could be easily migrated to
OSGi, because of the management of the class loader performed by OSGi.

In [3] I found a thoughtful analysis of the problem, and an explanation of
how the Clerezza project [4] managed to integrate UIMA [5].

I don't know the extent to the solution above is bound to Clerezza, or if
the UIMA community has developed a general-purpose solution for the
integration with OSGi.

[1] http://karaf.apache.org/
[2] http://felix.apache.org/
[3]