Hi Silvestre,

there doesn't seem to be anything RUTA-specific in your question. In
principle, UIMA-AS allows parallel scaleout and merges the results (though
I personally have never used it this way), but there are of course a few
things to take into account.

First, you will of course need to properly define the dependencies between
your different analysis engines to ensure you always have all then
necessary information available, meaning that you can only run things in
parallel that are independent of one another. And then you will have to see
if the overhead from distributing your CAS to several engines running in
parallel and then merging the results is not greater than just having it in
one colocated pipeline that can pass the information more efficiently. I
guess you'll have to benchmark your specific application, but maybe
somebody with more experience can give you some general directions...

Best,
Jens