All,

I'm looking at building some administrative tools into my application, and I'd like to be able to inspect user sessions for certain attributes.

I know that I can use JMX to make calls to the (session) Manager, but it looks like the only things really exposed are:

String[] listSessionIds()
String getSessionAttribute(String sessionId, String attributeName)

There are other operations available but they aren't related to what I'd like to do: get a reference to the Session object itself, so I can get attributes as their *actual* types and not converted to a String.

Is that possible using existing Tomcat-provided tools?

Another option would be to register an HttpSessionListener / HttpSessionActivationListener and keep track of all the events so I have my own "private" set of references to all of those sessions.

Is there a way to do this without writing my own session-tracking code? The old HttpSessionContext interface has been deprecated for ages and implementations are required to be no-ops.

-chris