After moving from tomcat 9 to tomcat 10    after a user successfully logs in
and then hits a restricted page,  the login page is hit again but on  this
second login hit I get 404 page not found

How do I set the correct path in my  login jsp so that   j_security_check is
found?

BTW  I actually am wondering why a  successful logged on user would even be
sent to the log in page again?

My login page  is ->   /membership/login.jsp

Here is how I set the path to  j_security_check in above login.jsp

<form name="login_form" action='j_security_check' method='POST'>

My restricted  web.xml snippet............

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>External</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/external/*</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>radiovoodoo</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
<user-data-constraint>
<transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
</user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>Auth</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/auth/*</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>radiovoodoo</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
<user-data-constraint>
<transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
</user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
<form-login-config>
<form-login-page>/membership/login.jsp</form-login-page>
<form-error-page>/membership/error.jsp</form-error-page>
</form-login-config>
</login-config>

Rick Noel
Systems Programmer | Westwood One