Java version: 11.0.20

Tomcat version: 9.0.59

OS Version: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Azure Edition

Azure VM Type and Specs: D8s v3

8 CPU 32 GiB Mem

VM Generation                 V2

VM Architecture               x64

Location                               East US Zone 1

We have a traditional client/server application from a third-party vendor that
has a couple second delay when accessing certain items (tabs) in their Web UI.
The delay has been traced down to the webserver, which runs Tomcat.  The
application and database servers do not appear to have any significant delays.

When an item is clicked inside the web UI, a call from the web server is made
to the app and DB server, which come back fairly quickly.  It's at the point
where data is delivered from the app server to the web server that tomcat on
the webserver CPU usage spikes.  In reviewing the web server with procmon
running, we noticed that tomcat is reading a lot of class files during the time
we are waiting for the task to complete to render the page.   Approximately
55,000 (yes 55000) classes read each click.

The vendor has reviewed this and said it's nothing to worry about, but we
cannot find any other significant task that tomcat is doing during this wait
state that a web client experiences.

We have sql tracing showing microsecond response times.

Developer console in chrome shows it waiting for 1.9 (Avg) seconds per click.

We would like to get to the root cause of this slowness, whether it is the
operating system, Azure VM, webserver or vendor application causing the issue.

Notice: This e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the use of
the individual and/or entity identified in the address line of this message. If
you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s),
please notify us immediately by telephone (888-479-9111)
M_LEGAL_NOTICE