Ammu,

On 4/19/24 08:32, lavanya tech wrote:
Thank you very much. I removed <Host> for example.com as well as adding an
<Alias> in server.xml
I copied context.xml file
/git/app/apache-tomcat-10.1.11/webapps/towl/META-INF/context.xml
Removed < in rewrite.config files.

But still I dont redirect the URL.

If you have <Context> in server.xml and also your application in the webapps/ directory, then you will be double-deploying your application.

Re-name /git/app/apache-tomcat-10.1.11/webapps/towl/ to be /git/app/apache-tomcat-10.1.11/webapps/ROOT (the capitals are important) and remove the <Context> element from your server.xml.

Then start your server and read the logs.

*nslookup alias.example.com <http://alias.example.com>
gives-->Non-authoritative answer:Name:     www.example.com
<http://www.example.com>Address:  192.168.200.10Aliases:  alias.example.com
<http://alias.example.com>*

Just to give some information here, *www.example.com
<http://www.example.com>* has alias* "alias.example.com
<http://alias.example.com>"*
But https://www.example.com:7777/example --> works fine with out issues but
the alias doesnot works (https://alias.example.com)
So i am not sure if the redirect url helps or if its correct

Your rewrite configuration says that you have to be using host "example.com" but your request goes to www.example.com. Your configuration should only redirect a request such as:

$ curl -v http://example.com:7777/something

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://www.example.com:7777/example

If you make a request like:

$ curl -v http://www.example.com:7777/something

I wouldn't expect a redirect because of your "host" condition. The "%{HTTP_HOST} example.com" looks at the entire Host header and not just anything that ends in "example.com". You'd have to use a glob/regex if you wanted to check for [anything and maybe nothing.]example.com.

You'd also have to make sure that your application is serving responses to requests to / which is why I'm recommending you use the ROOT web application name instead of "towl".

-chris

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 1:21 PM Christopher Schultz <