> On Apr 22, 2024, at 09:54, Rick Noel <rn...@westwoodone.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Could someone please explain why I am getting the error............
>
> skipping state transfer. No members active in cluster group

Need a bit more information.

> On one sever the reciever  is bound  to
> 127.0.0.1:4002
> And on the other server the receiver is bound to       127.0.0.1:4001

Are both Tomcat instances running on the same system (VM or real)?

> But both servers report ->     no active members in cluster group

Indicates they can’t see each other, so they could be on different systems or
in separate VMs (containers).

> Apr 22, 2024 10:20:01 AM org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGeneratorBase
> createSecureRandom
> WARNING: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using
> [SHA1PRNG] took [51,791] milliseconds.

This long random ID generation is typical for a low-entropy VM or container
rather than a real system. If the two Tomcats are in separate containers,
you’ll have to configure clustering to use each container’s published IP
address rather than assuming they can share the same loopback network.

  - Chuck