I think the problem is what people expect when we say "certified".  To me,
If I see something is certified with java 8, I would assume that I can use
java 8 api(new features stream, lambda etc.) to write the operator code,
not only just run the code with jre 8 or compile existing code with jdk 8
and run.

I did try some operator code with java 8 stream API and some lambda
expression in some methods it works. I havn't tried any operators with new
features in their non-transient properties. And also we should take a look
to see if kryo fully works with java 8 classes/types

Regards,
Siyuan