Hi

My camel routes are packaged in a war and deployed on a tomcat server. From
a failover strategy perspective I want to run hot/warm - same war deployed
on 2 different tomcat servers.

We have an inhouse fault tolerance component(not a camel component) which
identifies which tomcat instance is the master. Hence, there is an object in
both JVMs which indicates whether that particular instance is hot or warm.

In terms of integration with Camel I was intending on using the RoutePolicy.
I was going to provide my own concrete implementation of this class which
overrides the method onExchangeBegin. My implementation of this method would
interrogate the object I mentioned earlier to determine if it is the hot or
warm instance. When this method is invoked on the warm instance I obviously
don't want to process the exchange. However, I don't want to suspend the
route on the warm instance either. I would just like the route on the warm
instance to ignore the exchange and not process it. I am not sure what the
best way to do this is?

Thanks
Joe