Hi

This is by design. As the on exception routes the exchange, so the
exchange needs to not have the exception in getException as that is
used to detect if a new exception is thrown during routing with
onException.

So you can grab the caused exception from the exchange property, or if
you use a bean instead of .process, then just define an Exception type
in the method signature and Camel will provide the caused exception in
the parameter.

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Vadim Vararu <vararu.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a global error handler that passes the exchange to a processor.
> I wonder why the exception attribute of the injected Exchange is null in
> this case?
>
> //GLOBAL ERROR MANAGEMENT
>         onException(Throwable.class)
>             .process(new GlobalLoggerProcessor());
>
> I can find the message of the exception in a property of the exchange, but
> the exception itself if NULL.
>
> Thanks in advance, Vadim.

Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cib...@redhat.com