Same difficulty here. The way it worked was defining the truststore
globally. Just after that I defined the ldap configuration inside a domain.

Using API:

cmk -p user@myprofile update configuration name='ldap.truststore'
value='/etc/cloudstack/management/cloud.jks'
cmk -p user@myprofile update configuration name='ldap.truststore.password'
value=PASSWORD
cmk -p user@myprofile add ldapconfiguration hostname=ldapserver.mydomain
port=636 domainid="domain uuid here"
cmk -p user@myprofile update configuration name='ldap.basedn'
value='...............' domainid="domain uuid here"
.
.
.

Realize that API accepts configure the ldap.truststore for one domain, but
this has no effect.

cmk -p user@myprofile update configuration name='ldap.truststore'
value='/etc/cloudstack/management/cloud.jks' domainid="domain uuid here"
<-------

When I configured ldap.truststore in one domain, the connection didn't use
SSL.

Tks!

On 2021/06/07 20:56:18 Yordan Kostov wrote:
> Dear community,
>
>                 Currently trying to reconfigure working ACS LDAP
authentication to LDAPs but I believe something of importance may be
missing in the guide (
https://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/accounts.html#ldap-ssl
).
>                 It says that if ldap.truststore and
ldap.truststore.password are configured it will switch working to LDAPS but
that is not the case.
>                 The logs confirm LDAP protocol is used when adding host
after updating the config  - "(logid:aafbef8a) initializing ldap with
provider url: ldap://X.X.X.X:636";

> Here are a few questions to round the issue:
>
>   *   API docs (LDAPCONFIG -
https://cloudstack.apache.org/api/apidocs-4.15/apis/ldapConfig.html)
mention the ability to enable SSL and bind certificate for an ldap host but
there is no option to define the domain for the specific ldap configuration.
>   *   What if multiple domains are present and their configs use the same
ldap server. Can the SSL of one domain ldap config be changed one at a time
or is this based on ldap host level
>   *   ldap.truststore - is syntax something like /opt/CAROOT.crt going to
work or it originates from a default directory?

--
__________________________
Aviso de confidencialidade

Esta mensagem da
Empresa  Brasileira de Pesquisa  Agropecuaria (Embrapa), empresa publica
federal  regida pelo disposto  na Lei Federal no. 5.851,  de 7 de dezembro
de 1972,  e  enviada exclusivamente  a seu destinatario e pode conter
informacoes  confidenciais, protegidas  por sigilo profissional.  Sua
utilizacao desautorizada  e ilegal e  sujeita o infrator as penas da lei.
Se voce  a recebeu indevidamente, queira, por gentileza, reenvia-la ao
emitente, esclarecendo o equivoco.

Confidentiality note

This message from
Empresa  Brasileira de Pesquisa  Agropecuaria (Embrapa), a government
company  established under  Brazilian law (5.851/72), is directed
exclusively to  its addressee  and may contain confidential data,
protected under  professional secrecy  rules. Its unauthorized  use is
illegal and  may subject the transgressor to the law's penalties. If you
are not the addressee, please send it back, elucidating the failure.