On 2016-06-20 17:19, Digimer wrote:

Nikhil indicated that they could switch where traffic went up-stream
without issue, if I understood properly.

They have some interesting setup, but that notwithstanding: if split brain happens some clients will connect to "old master" and some: to "new master", dep. on arp update. If there's a shared resource unavailable on one node, clients going there will error out. The other ones will not. It will work for some clients.

Cf. both nodes going into stonith deathmatch and killing each other: the service now is not available for all clients. What I don't get is the blanket assertion that this "more highly" available that option #1.

Dimitri