From: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais [mailto:j...@dalibo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 12:52 PM
To: Digimer
Cc: Cluster Labs - All topics related to open-source clustering welcomed
Subject: Re: [ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: When the DC crmd is frozen, cluster
decisions are delayed infinitely

On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 15:55:50 +0900
Digimer <li...@alteeve.ca> wrote:

> > Nachricht
> > <8ce6e8d87f896546b9c65ed80d30a4336578c...@lg-spmb-mbx02.lseg.stockex.local>:
> >> The whole cluster will fail if the DC (crm daemon) is frozen due to
> >> CPU starvation or hanging while trying to perform a IO operation.
> >> Please share some thoughts on this issue.
> >
> > What is "the whole cluster will fail"? If the DC times out, some
> > recovery will take place.
>
> Yup. The starved node should be declared lost by corosync, the
> remaining nodes reform and if they're still quorate, the hung node
> should be fenced. Recovery occur and life goes on.

+1

And fencing might either come from outside, or just from the server itself
using watchdog.

--
Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
Dalibo

Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org Getting started:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

This e-mail transmission (inclusive of any attachments) is strictly
confidential and intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail address to
which it was addressed. It may contain legally privileged and/or CONFIDENTIAL
information. The unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution printing and/or
copying of this e-mail or any information it contains is prohibited and could,
in certain circumstances, constitute an offence. If you have received this
e-mail in error or are not an intended recipient please inform the sender of
the email and MillenniumIT immediately by return e-mail or telephone (+94-11)
2416000. We advise that in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient
of this e-mail should ensure that it is virus free. We do not accept
responsibility for any virus that may be transferred by way of this e-mail.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorized
amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception
or amen
 dment or any consequences thereof.  www.millenniumit.com