On 10/14/2016 11:21 AM, renayama19661...@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
Hi Klaus,
Hi All,

I tried prototype of watchdog using WD service.
  -
https://github.com/HideoYamauchi/pacemaker/commit/3ee97b76e0212b1790226864dfcacd1a327dbcc9

Please comment.
Thank you Hideo for providing the prototype.
Added the patch to my build and it seems to
be working as expected.

A few thoughts triggered by this approach:

- we have to alert the corosync-people as in
   a chat with Jan Friesse he pointed me to the
   fact that for corosync 3.x the wd-service was
   planned to be removed

Actually I didn't express myself correctly. What I wanted to say was "I'm considering idea of removing it", simply because it's disabled in downstream.

BUT keep in mind that removing functionality = ask community to find out if there is not somebody actively using it.

And because there is active users and future use case, removing of wd is not an option.

   especially delicate as the binding is very loose
   so that - as is - it builds against a corosync with
   disabled wd-service without any complaints...

- as of now if you enable wd-service in the
   corosync-build it is on by default and would
   be hogging the watchdog presumably
   (there is obviously a pull request that makes
   it default to off)

- with my thoughts about adding an API to
   sbd previously in the thread I was trying to
   target closer observation of pacemaker_remoted
   as well (remote-nodes don't have corosync
   running)

   I guess it would be possible to run corosync
   with a static config as single-node cluster
   bound to localhost for that purpose.

   I read the thread about corosync-remote and
   that happening might make the special-handling
   for pacemaker-remote obsolete anyway ...

- to enable the approach to live alongside
   sbd it would be possible to make sbd use
   the corosync-API as well for watchdog purposes
   instead of opening the watchdog directly

   This shouldn't be a big deal for sbd used to
   observe a pacemaker-node as cluster-watcher
   (the part of sbd that sends cpg-pings to corosync)
   already builds against corosync.
   The blockdevice-part of sbd being basically
   generic it might be an issue though.

Regards,
Klaus

Best Regards,