Somanath,

Hi ,

I am planning to use Corosync Qdevice version 3.0.0 with corosync version 2.4.4
and pacemaker 1.1.16 in a two node cluster.

I want to know if failback can be avoided in the below situation.

   1.  The pcs cluster is in split brain scenario after a network break between
two nodes. But both nodes are visible and reachable from qdevice node.
   2.  The qdevice with ffsplit algorithm selects node with id 1 (lowest node
id) and node 1 becomes quorate.
   3.  Now if node 1 goes down/is not reachable from qdevice node , the node 2
becomes quorate.

But when node 1 becomes again reachable from qdevice , it becomes quorate and
node 2 again goes down. i.e The resources failback to node 1.

Is there any way to prevent this failback.

No on the qdevice/qnetd level (or at least not generic solution - it is possible to set tie_breaker to node 2, so resources wouldn't be then shifted for this specific example, but it is probably not what was question about).

I can imagine to have an algorithm option so qnetd would try to keep active partition active as long as other requirements are fulfilled - so basically add one more test just before calling tie-breaker.

Such option shouldn't be hard to implement and right now I'm not aware about any inconsistencies which may it bring.

Regards,
  Honza

With Regards
Somanath Thilak J