Ulrich,

Jan Friesse <jfrie...@redhat.com> schrieb am 31.03.2021 um 15:16 in
Nachricht
<8f611847-e341-b51b-49c9-fd9ef29fb...@redhat.com>:
I am pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of Corosync
3.1.1 available immediately from GitHub release section at
https://github.com/corosync/corosync/releases or our website at
http://build.clusterlabs.org/corosync/releases/.

This release contains important bug fixes and also a few new features:

   - Added a new API to get extended node/link information which is now
used by corosync-cfgtool (especially when the new -n parameter is used).
See corosync-cfgtool(8) for more information.

This makes me wonder: "Good old ping" had always been able to display the
delay between request and response.
As the message delay (token round-trip time)is also critical in corosync, I
wonder why the current delay cannot be displayed by corosync-cfgtool for
example. My expectation is that the delay will go up significantly when load

There is latency stored in stats map (corosync-cmapctl -m stats) so I can image to display that in the corosync-cfgtool output.

increases, and maybe manual "re-tuning" could be done before the infamous
"retransmit timeout" kicks in.

Yup (actually ideally automatic but that's long term task).

Honza

   - The API for cfg tracking was fixed so it now working again. This API
was removed during the Corosync 2 development cycle and it means that
shutdown tracking (using cfg_try_shutdown()) had stopped working.

Now it is back, so an application may register to receive a callback
when corosync is stopped cleanly (using corosync-cfgtool -H) and can
also prohibit corosync from stopping.

There is a new --force option (which is now the default in the systemd
unit file/init script) which will always cause Corosync to shut down.

This feature is going to be used by an as-yet unreleased Pacemaker
version (currently in the master branch) to veto corosync shutdown.

Complete changelog for 3.1.1:

      Christine Caulfield (4):
            cfg: New API to get extended node/link infomation
            cfg: Reinstate cfg tracking
            test: Add testcfg to exercise some cfg functions
            main: Close race condition when moving to statedir

      Dan Streetman (2):
            main: Check memlock rlimit
            totemknet: retry knet_handle_new if it fails

      Fabio M. Di Nitto (5):
            pkgconfig: export LOGDIR in corosync.pc
            configure: detect and init pkg-config with macro
            configure: drop dead code
            configure: move exec_prefix sanitize
            configure: drop unnecessary check and define

      Ferenc Wágner (1):
            The ring id file needn't be executable

      Jan Friesse (4):
            spec: Add isa version of corosync-devel provides
            totemknet: Check both cipher and hash for crypto
            cfg: Improve nodestatusget versioning
            init: Use corosync-cfgtool for shutdown

      Johannes Krupp (1):
            totemconfig: fix integer underflow and logic bug

      liangxin1300 (1):
            totemconfig: change udp netmtu value as a constant

Upgrade is highly recommended.

Thanks/congratulations to all people that contributed to achieve this
great milestone.