Hi Mario,

On 17/06/2022 11:39, Mario Freytag wrote:
Dear sirs, or madams,

I’d like to ask about the security of corosync. We’re using a Proxmox HA setup
in our testing environment and need to confirm it’s compliance with PCI
guidelines.

We have a few questions:

Is the communication encrypted?

Depends on configuration, but (I think) default for proxmox is to set secauth: on, so yes, communication is encrypted.

What method of encryption is used?

aes256

What method of authentication is used?

sha256

What is the recommended way of separation for the corosync network? VLAN?

separate network card is always best. Vlan is probably second best.

Regards,
  Honza

Best regards

Mario Freytag
Systemadministrator | WEBINC GmbH & Co. KG

​Unter den Eichen 5 Geb. F | 65195 Wiesbaden | T +49 611 541075 0
Amtsgericht Wiesbaden | HRA 9610 | Geschäftsführung: Marina Maurer, Monika
Brandes