On Fri, 2023-12-22 at 17:02 +0100, lejeczek via Users wrote:
> hi guys.
>
> I have a colocation constraint:
>
> -> $ pcs constraint ref DHCPD
> Resource: DHCPD
>   colocation-DHCPD-GATEWAY-NM-link-INFINITY
>
> and the trouble is... I thought DHCPD is to follow GATEWAY-NM-link,
> always!
> If that is true that I see very strange behavior, namely.
> When there is an issue with DHCPD resource, cannot be started, then
> GATEWAY-NM-link gets tossed around by the cluster.
>
> Is that normal & expected - is my understanding of _colocation_
> completely wrong - or my cluster is indeed "broken"?
> many thanks, L.

Pacemaker considers the preferences of colocated resources when
assigning a resource to a node, to ensure that as many resources as
possible can run. So if a colocated resource becomes unable to run on a
node, the primary resource might move to allow the colocated resource
to run.
--
Ken Gaillot <kgail...@redhat.com>