Hi,
some of your findings are really interesting.

On 02/05/2024 01:56, ale...@pavlyuts.ru wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to build application-specific 2-node failover cluster using
ubuntu 22, pacemaker 2.1.2 + corosync 3.1.6 and DRBD 9.2.9, knet transport.

Also, I've done wireshark capture and found great mess in TCP, it seems like
connection between qdevice and qnetd really stops for some time and packets
won't deliver.

Could you check UDP? I guess there is a lot of UDP packets sent by corosync which probably makes TCP to not go thru.

For my guess, it match corosync syncing activities, and I suspect that
corosync prevent any other traffic on the interface it use for rings.

As I switch qnetd and qdevice to use different interface it seems to work
fine.

Actually having dedicated interface just for corosync/knet traffic is optimal solution. qdevice+qnetd on the other hand should be as close to "customer" as possible.

So if you could have two interfaces (one just for corosync, second for qnetd+qdevice+publicly accessible services) it might be a solution?

So, the question is: does corosync really temporary blocks any other traffic
on the interface it uses? Or it is just a coincidence? If it blocks, is

Nope, no "blocking". But it sends quite some few UDP packets and I guess it can really use all available bandwidth so no TCP goes thru.

Honza

there a way to manage it?

Thank you for any suggest on that!

Sincerely,