Joose, if you were thinking of writing a cache for your SVG images, probably
a better idea would to modify the SQLTransformer to make it implement the
Cacheable interface. Then your SVG will be cached by the existing cache.
Maybe you could extend the SQLTransformer so it would execute a
"cache-validity" query before the usual query. Then you could use the result
of this query to implement the getValidity method. Or maybe you could
nominate a particular column in the regular result set as a "timestamp"? So
that the SQL would be executed, the pipeline processor would compare the
timestamp with the cached value, and immediately serve the cached SVG.

Con