Oh, I had no idea...it certainly has had me perplexed. I'm specifically trying to log with a custom Action that I wrote, so that'd be considered a sitemap component.

Can you guys post a note on the User's list if it changes again? When do you think it might change again?

Thanks for the insight,

Sonny

From: "Unico Hommes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Logging broken in 2.1.2?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:58:51 +0100

Are you talking about a sitemap component? In that case, yes, something changed recently. Sitemap components get their logger categories prepended with "sitemap". This means that if you do <generator logger="sitemap.generator.my" ... /> the category of the logger that gets assigned to this generator will actually be "sitemap.sitemap.generator.my". For the moment you can only assign a logger relative to the "sitemap" category. We are currently discussing this issue at the dev list. This behavior will probably change again in the future.

Regards, Unico