I'm having what appears to be a very common problem getting Cocoon to
work for the first time (error entails "...Xalan in incremental
processing mode...").  I was able once to solve this problem before on
another box but I've misplaced the webpage that described the fix.  I'm
told this is a very helpful group so I'm confident someone can help me
after I've done ALOT of searching to resolve this.

Windows XP Pro
j2sdk1.4.2_04 (with JAVA_HOME set properly)
Apache 2.0
Apache Tomcat 4.1.3
Cocoon 2.0.4

I've done the Set environment variable
CATALINA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true

Apache is up and running, and Tomcat responds fine on 8080.

I've seen different advice out there on how to solve the Cocoon
problem.  The solution I recall working for me a few weeks ago entailed
removing some parser files and putting something in the endorsed
directory.  I can't find that advice page now.

I see advice about removing jaxp.jar and other files in tomcat/lib, but
this must pertain to another version of Tomcat because I don't have a
/lib directory under the install root.

Hopefully by now some of you are seeing what the solution for me is,
and I greatly appreciate your assistance.

David