Dear Joerg,
Thanks  for the reply.

>>What's the input, what is"complex", where is the data stored and so on

         Input is in the form of xml which is generated at run time whose structure is
known.We have around 300 forms with different layouts. Part of a report will be in 2
column layout and the next part can be in 3 column layout. We only need a solution for
print ready pdf reports since the input from is in html. ( We have already haveclasses
to generate xml from the input data ).
       Now we are keeping separate style sheets for each report with some
namingconventions and link them at run time wth the xml string to produce pdf using
FOP APIs. We are looking a way to avoid keeping individual style sheets
for each and every report.What we have in mind is to have a Database Schema to store
the xsl fo layout information and wirte Java Classes which will glue the pieces
together. Is there a much elegant way to do this thing using coccoon and few style
sheets ? Some reports are very complex and i am now in a search to find a DB schema to
store the layout information . Can you guide me to some links or resouces regarding
this issue ?

Expecting your reply,

thanks and regards,
-- Kannan