David Leangen wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: David Leangen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 10:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Getting started with flowscript

I again turn to you for salvation.

I'm finally ready to jump into flowscript... but I need a push in the
right direction.

Based on previous threads, it appears that a good approach (just to
avoid saying "best practice" ;-) is to invoke the business logic from
flowscript, set any values necessary, and call the values as needed
within JXTemplates.

Ok, fine.

I made a trivial test class as follows:

package test.model;

public class Test
{
private String m_val;

public Test()
{
}

public void setVal(String val)
{
m_val = val;
}

public String getVal()
{
return m_val;
}
}

In my flowscript, I make this call:

var test = new test.model.Test();

As far as I can see you have to use var test = Packages.test.model.Test();

because your package is not in java.* .

test.setVal("hello");

I pass this along to the pipeline.

You pass this with sendPage("YOURPIPE", {test:test}); ?

So far, so good...

Now, in my JXTemplate, I'd like to call the getVal() getter.... but how do I do this??

You can access the values you passed with flowscript by using XPath ( #{test/val} ) or Jexl Syntax ( ${test.val} ):
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jxtemplate.html

Regards,
Christian