lechael wrote:
I read the documentation of woody forms and now I am reading the inbuilt sample: woody form GUI, I am confused. this sample seems to be quite different from those in the documentation. I have some silly questions.

it is very different indeed, it is also quite experimental, and for sure almost completely subject to change in future releases of cforms (the class/new/union stuff have been discussed to be implemented differently: see http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyScratchpad)

what does woodybinding do?
in the documentation, it is said binding is for loading and saving data from and to files or beans.

yep, there is a programatic API to the widgets that allows you to navigate and getValue()/setValue()

binding if you like is just a layer on top of that allowing a declarative description between xml-or-bean and the widget-tree-model

in the sample, first form is created by a definition file, then it is binding by a binding file.
there is no data file appointment till now, what does the binding do then?

the source/target appointment (where xml is loaded and saved) is not part of the binding, the binding works on the DOM-tree, other parts of the app need to load/save that from/to actual files.

// inbuilt sample: woodyform http://localhost/samples/woody/form_model_gui.flow

see http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/flow/form_model_gui.js?rev=1.3&view=auto

for functions loadDocument and saveDocument

HTH,
-marc=
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]