The rationale below is exactly why I mentioned we're reluctant to use XSP; the danger of little or no separation between code and markup. Exactly what we don't want to do in our new project.
Thank you for confirming my nasty suspicion. :-)

Thomas

Ugo Cei wrote:

Derek Hohls wrote:

PS can JXTemplate do everything XSP can, and then some,
or is it the other way around?

No, it can't. With XSP, you can fill your templates with lots of Java code and do an awful mess ;-). JXTtemplate gives you much less rope to hang yourself with, and I think that's a plus. See [1] for some interesting thoughts on the subject of templating languages.

Ugo

[1] http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~parrt/papers/mvc.templates.pdf