I assume that you are using Woody/CForms.
It is very simple, actually, you aren't just looking in the right place.
The listbox is a widget with just a  styling of type "listbox"

You define the selection list values in the Field definition

<wd:field id="..." required="true|false">
  <wd:label>...</wd:label>
  <wd:hint>...</wd:hint>
  <wd:help>...</wd:help>
  <wd:datatype base="...">