Sonny

From: "John L. Webber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Sonny,

Maybe one of the *real* Cocoon gurus is watching this thread and will jump in...

Do I understand correctly that when you use the internal redirect, only the "test failed" page is shown? That must mean the action failed. I assume you must have combed through the log files - was there anything at all interesting there that explained why the action failed? Otherwise I'm pretty much at a loss to explain what's happening here. What does the action "perform-test" do?

John

Sonny Sukumar wrote:

That's a good insight and a good question John, though actually the redirected URIs are *not* in the "secure/" directory. I did also read through the Cocoon docs on redirects but couldn't find the reason for the strange behavior.

To quickly summarize again, the behavior is that the *second* redirect (the one after the action) is *always* executed when using internal redirects (i.e. with "cocoon:/"). BUT this problem disappears when I use HTTP redirects.

I just don't wanna use HTTP redirects for this. :-/

I'm having a strange problem with map:redirect-to, where it doesn't seem to work right when I use the cocoon:/ protocol. Here's my example code:

<map:match pattern="secure/doTest">
 <map:act type="perform-test">
   <!-- Test succeeded. -->
   <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/showTestSucceededPage"/>
 </map:act>

 <!-- Test failed. -->
 <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/showTestFailedPage"/>
</map:match>

Even when the test succeeds I see the "showTestFailedPage" when using the cocoon:/ protocol, but everything works fine if I take out the cocoon:/ (to use HTTP redirects).

I'd really prefer to use internal redirects, so how come it doesn't work? I might well be missing something.

Jentro Technologies GmbH
John L. Webber, Software Development
Rosenheimer Str. 145e 81671 München
Tel. +49 89 189 169 80 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fax +49 89 189 169 99 http://www.jentro.com
NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message and all its attachments without any use or further distribution of its contents. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing or otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank you.