Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
done that trick also for a few sites but major problem here might consists that the client browser must have javascript enabled (to force the reload of the frame) and it must support frames (which is ugly) or iframes (which is IE only)
IFrames is a html 4.0 element and supported by more browsers (ie 3.0+, nn 6.0+, moz 1.0+, ff 1.0+ , op 4.0+), besides this our customers mostly use IE 6 or up with javascript enabled (needed in other webapps we use).
can't you just always keep the continuations alive; so setting no session timeouts; or you might even temporarily store them yourself on a disk/db or whatever
If setting no timeouts, are continuations kept alive forever or will a default timeout setting be used? When will the continuation be set invalid so it can be removed from the cache? I'm not looking forward to writing my own continuation storage.

Kind Regards,
Jan

Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt

Jan Hoskens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 13/02/2006 10:29
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
continuations

Hi,

I have a flow in which I create a form. When this form is displayed, I like to keep the continuation to stay alive for as long as the user is filling in that form (which can take more than one hour, depends on how many times the user is refilling his cup of tea or coffee, and how many colleagues are passing by to have a nice chat with ;-) ). I'm thinking of something similar like daisy does (http://cocoondev.org/daisy/index.html, made by outerthought): sending a form which carries an internal frame that refreshes itself every x minutes. This frame will load a page which contains the original ID from the form continuation (by request). A small flowscript function will then call the continuationmanager and retrieve the WebContinuation. Getting the continuation from this object will trigger the WebContinuation to update its access time and thus it will stay alive.

Is this sensible? Has anyone else ever tried something alike or solved this another way? Any comments welcome!

Kind Regards,
Jan