Johannes

Just curious - is there a pressing reason to  use 2.2?  Why not
download and work with 2.1 (which ships with the sample code
you requested).  Again, IMO, 2.2 still needs more work - esp.
docs and simple examples - in making it accessible to the
"average" user.

Cheers
Derek

>>> On 2008/06/06 at 01:37, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Johannes
>>> Hoechstaedter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The linked sample is nice, and basically exactly what I am looking for.

I have already searched on http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/ on how I can
etablish a database connection. You need an entry int your web.xml and
in your cocoon.xconf for example. Where is the cocoon.xconf in 2.2?
Where can I define my datasources? Where can I get the code of the sample?

Johannes

Derek Hohls schrieb:
> Johannes
>
> Good question!  The "official and best" way is to use Hibernate and
> Spring;
> this will, IMO, mean writing *lots* of code. You can use flowscript
> instead,
> for simple cases, but be warned that many here will point out the
> potential
> flaws in this approach.
>
> In the 2.1.x series of Cocoon, there was a sample that showed this
> approach:
> eg. see
> http://cocoon.jsp ( http://cocoon.jsp/ )-servlet.net/samples/blocks/forms/
> and look for "Database access".
>
> I am not sure if you will be able to replicate this in 2.2?
>
> Derek

> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>, Johannes Hoechstaedter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> Good morning Bng,
>
> I know, cocoon is based on spring. But isn't there another possibility
> with cocoon blocks only? There is this database-block. What it is good
> for, when I have to write my own spring application? I want to write as
> less code as possible.
>
> Johannes
>
> > Johannes -- you may want to search for tutorials on using databases with
> > Spring.  My understanding is that with Cocoon 2.2 it is best to have
> > Spring configure and manage any database connections.  Then you can add
> > Cocoon features (eg, the SQL transformer or whatever) once that is set
> > up.
> >
> > Bng

> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
> e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
> The full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

> *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>,
> and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers
> <http://www.transtec.co.uk/> for their support.

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.