Johannes

I think this is database dependant - in MySQL (ver 5+) you can read this
type of information from the INFORMATION_SCHEMA table.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/information-schema.html

Derek

>>> On 2008/09/01 at 09:27, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Johannes
>>> Hoechstaedter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is it possible to fetch the metadata from a database, such as table
names, column names, column types and so on?

cheers
Johannes

--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.