In October last year I submitted a number of queries to the list, as I was
trying to get Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX working together in my application.
This was the last entry in that thread...
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=122408149728592&w=2
In the end, I did not succeed and moved on to other issues.  Now I have been
trying again - still without success.  I have been trying for 3 days and am
intensely frustrated with not understanding what is going wrong.

So far, I have managed to extract the small sample that comes with Cocoon,
dealing with car make selection, and put it into its own directory, and get it
to work.  Small modifications cause problems though - with dialog box messages
like "no xml answer" not really providing me with a clue as to what the real
problem it!  I also cannot get my existing site setup - with heavily customized
page layout, form styling and a form template layout that seems quite different
from the sample one (?) - to work (for example, the transformed page does not
have all the resources loaded into the page header).

If anyone has an app that is *not* part of the standard Cocoon suite, showing
how the form styling can be customized, I would really love to see it.

Failing that, if anyone can spell out *exactly* what resources are needed to
make AJAX work in Cocoon forms - by this I mean files, directories, site map
entries etc. etc. (and even specific code snippets in files - as its obvious
that my customized form styling is missing some vital element/s), I would
really, really  appreciate it.  Otherwise I guess I will have to write off
another week of my life to Cocoon :(

Thanks
Derek

--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.