Thanks John for quick response.
But can you let me know, what should be o/p of this command?
I tried on 2 systems and see below output.

/home/root# openssl rand  -hex  8
d2749a6620672899
/home/root#
/home/root# openssl rand  -hex  8
d74e404a57e57ae9
/home/root#

Right now, I dont have failed system in handy and so dont know, what should
be the output of above command?