Hi!

After some struggling I managed to properly install Jackrabbit as a connector module in Glassfish (V1 and V2). I do NOT recommend the procedure that is described in the Wiki!

Here's what I have done.

1. Using the admin-console, create a new thread-pool for the connector module (->Configuration->Thread Pools). I called it "jackrabbit-pool" and left all parameters untouched.

---MAC OS X SPECIAL---
Deployment of RAR's does not really work because of the case-insensitive filesystem. You will get some FileNotFound-Exceptions, because both a file called "LICENSE" and a directory called "license" are created at the same place during the process. The solution is annoying: Stop the server, move your domain to a USB-Stick formatted to support HFS with case-sensitivity, create a symlink to that domain in your application server, deploy the RAR, delete the file called "LICENSE" in domain/applications/j2ee-modules/jackrabbit-jca-1.3.1/, stop the Application Server and move the domain back to its original location.
---END MAC OS X SPECIAL---

2. Using the admin-console, deploy a new connector module (resource adapter) and upload the jackrabbit-jca-1.3.1.rar file (->Applications->Connector Modules). Here, use the thread-pool you have just created ("jackrabbit-pool").

3. Using the admin-console, create a new Connector connection pool (->Resources->Connector Connection Pools). I called it "jackrabbit-connection-pool". Then select the Resource Adapter you have just created (jackrabbit-jca-1.3.1).

4. Using the admin-console, create a new Connector Resource (->Resources->Connector Resources), select the pool you have just created and give your repository a suitable JNDI-Name, i chose "jcr/repository".

You have to restart your application server now (because of the newly created thread-pool). Now you should be able to use your repository via JNDI. In my EE5-bean I simply inject the repository like this:

@Resource(mappedName="jcr/repository", type=javax.jcr.Repository.class)
    private Repository rep;

Cheers,
Dan