Hello,

I would like to package JackRabbit for Debian, but Debian has some very
strict guideline about which software it can add in its repositories (it
must be open source, and not all open source licenses are actually
allowed in Debian).

Jackrabbit has an Apache 2.0 license, which is great, but it depends on
the JSR 170 library which as far as I can tell has a proprietary license
from Day software. That's a shame, as it may mean that I cannot include
Jackrabbit in Debian because of that sole library. Can anyone tell me if
I'm wrong here, and if JSR 170 can be found under an open source license?

Thanks,
Ludovic