Thanks Andy,
That is also what I found out, and I can confirm that using:
SELECT * {
  { ?s ?p ?o } UNION { GRAPH ?g { ?s ?p ?o } }
}

retrieves triples from both default model and named model. But I am
curious to learn about alternatives, because  I'd really prefer to do
a  CONSTRUCT
query, and I don't think that will work with "GRAPH"

/J