From: Neha Narkhede [mailto:neha.narkh...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 22:49
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: MBeans, dashes, underscores, and KAFKA-1481

+1 on getting rid of the quotes.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Magnus Spångdal <
magnus.spang...@deltaprojects.com> wrote:

> +1 to get rid of quotes, thanks!
>

> —
> Sent from Mailbox
>
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, everyone,
> > We are fixing the mbean names in kafka-1482, by adding separate
> > explicit tags in the name for things like clientId and topic.
> > Another thing that some people have complained before is that we use quotes
> > in the jmx name.
> > Should we also just get rid of the quotes as part of kafka-1482? So,
> > instead of
> >    "kafka.server":type="BrokerTopicMetrics",name="topic-1-BytesInPerSec"
> > we will have
> >
> > kafka.server:type=BrokerTopicMetrics,name=BytesInPerSec,topic=topic-
> > 1
> > Thanks,
> > Jun
> > On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Neha Narkhede
> > <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I am going to vote for 1482 to be included in 0.8.2, if we have a
> >> patch submitted in a week. I think we've had this JIRA opened for
> >> too long
> and we
> >> held people back so it's only fair to release this.

> Management

> Version
> so
> >> plate

> least
> >> the
> the
> >> allowed

> package.
> jmx
> the
> have to

> harder

> that

> new

> >> affect

> would
> what
> >> is

> For
> name
> >> be
> string

> >> exists
> producer/consumer
> >> of
> (kafka
> >> rule

> explicitly:

> Centralized
> >> Log

> things
> used
> MBean
> is
> and

> >> parts

> extract
> know
> >> generic

> >> delimiters
> not
> this
> >> new

> >> that

> Centralized

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or
privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email
and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or
responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer