It doesn't look like a showstopper (all replicas for a partition going down
is rare and bigger issue if it happens) but it is good for folks to know
about it going in, definitely!

In either case I changed the fix version for that ticket to 0.8.2 so it
shows up now it is a blocker for final I think yes.

I just sent a vote on the dev thread for 0.8.2-beta feel free to
comment/vote on that thread if folks feel different about having KAFKA-1647
in the beta to make sure we get the most out of it then we can roll another
RC once it is in.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC