Hi, do you mean that the new matched topics should be consumed after the regex
subscription has been established? Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Guozhang Wang [mailto:wangg...@gmail.com]
Sent: 2016年11月10日 3:41
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to resubcribe KafkaStreams in runtime to different
set of topics?

Timur,

As Michael said one thing you can consider is the regex subscription if
those topics have some common prefix / suffix / pattern.

Another idea I can think of is to have two Streams app, one for reading the
input topics and pipe them into the repartitioned intermediate topics that
can be controlled by the streams app itself, and the second app reading
from the intermediate topics and process the rest of the topology. When
input topics change, you can simple bounce the first app only, which is a
very thin client and hence should take much less time to restart.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang