-----Original Message-----
From: Gerard Klijs [mailto:gerard.kl...@dizzit.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 3:00 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Backing up Kafka data and using it later?

You could create a docker image with a kafka installation, and start a mirror
maker in it, you could set the retention time for it to infinite, and mount the
data volume. With the data you could always restart the docker, en mirror it to
somewhere else. Not sure that's what you want, but it's an option to save data
for use some other place/time.