Sounds like a SpringBoot issue rather than a KS issues.

-Matthias

On 12/29/22 2:45 AM, Nawal Sah wrote:
Hi,

My SpringBoot stream application works fine in a fresh start of the
clustered environment.
But when I restart one of the pods out of two pods, I start getting the
below exception from "KafkaStreams.store". I debugged the state but found
it was RUNNING.

*org.apache.kafka.streams.errors.InvalidStateStoreException: The state
store, wkstore, may have migrated to another instance.    *
*at
org.apache.kafka.streams.state.internals.WrappingStoreProvider.stores(WrappingStoreProvider.java:67)
   *
*at
org.apache.kafka.streams.state.internals.CompositeReadOnlyWindowStore.fetchAll(CompositeReadOnlyWindowStore.java:175)*

To fix this, I must restart all the pods/instances or the cluster.

*Steps to reproduce*

1. Kafka Stream application environment
'kafka-streams', version: '3.0.1'
'kafka-clients', version: '3.0.1'
2. Create a cluster environment with at least two replication factors of
the Kafka Stream application.
3. Restart one of the pods.
4. Call KafkaStreams:store(), it starts throwing an exception. If not then
try at least 5 times to restart the same pod.

*Regards,*

Nawal Sah

(M): +91-9717932863