I don't think that there is any specific recommendation. However, there is an overall max-message-size config that you need to keep in mind.

-Matthias

On 4/16/24 9:42 AM, Gabriel Giussi wrote:
I have logic in my service to capture exceptions being thrown during
message processing and produce a new message to a different topic with
information about the error. The idea is to leave the message unmodified,
aka produce the exact same bytes to this new topic, therefore I'm planning
on adding the java exception as a header.
By looking at the documentation it is just an array of bytes and it doesn't
say anything about a max size but is there any recommendation about it?
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#recordheader