Hi,

I am having a bit of a problem here. It is a bit of an unusual use case. I am
running a single node Kafka server and
noticed that some messages I send are not passed through Kafka. They are
silently lost.  The topic is created but no
data. Other topics on the same server work just fine. More investigation found
that the message size I use on the
afflicted topic is somewhat larger then the default 1 MB.  I found a
description how to work with larger messages at:
https://www.conduktor.io/kafka/how-to-send-large-messages-in-apache-kafka/

But I am stuck: the description asks for configuring replica.fetch.max.bytes in
server.properties. Or message.max.bytes
I did this and restarted Kafka but kafka-configs.sh —bootstrap-server
localhost:9092 —broker 0 —describe -all
still shows the old default values. As if my entries in server.properties are
ignored.

How to proceed? What is the right way to work with larger messages in Kafka? In
my use case, 2MB would be
enough

Best Regards,

    Mark Koennecke