Forced-smsc is working, just not in the way you think it is ;-) I would agree that the
way smsc routing is done is very un-intuitive, but after using if for several months I
must also say that it is much more powerful then it would have been otherwise.

What is happening, is that forced-smsc sets the smscid for messages received from that
sendsms-user to always have the specified smscid (setting to default-smsc is the same
except that user supplied smsc routing can override it). now, when the bearerbox sees
that smscid it doesnot automaticly delivery the message to the smsc group with that
id, but instead looks for delivery rules in the configuration, compiles a list of
smscs that this message is allowed to be sent to, and then chooses one randomly and
sends to it.

In order to control to which smsc a message carrying a specific smsc-id, you need to
set routing rules with your smsc groups, forcing a matching between a specific smsc
and message carying specific smsc-id, by using the allowed-smsc-id, preferred-smsc-id
and denied-smsc-id configuration directives.

For example, to set it so that only messages carrying the smsc-id 'sonera' will be
sent to the cgw gateway, and that it will be the first choise to route a message with
that smsc-id to, set your group like this :

group = smsc
smsc = cgw
host = xxx
port = yyy
receive-port = zzz
appname = send
smsc-id = sonera
allowed-smsc-id = sonera
preferred-smsc-id = sonera

note that with this configuration, message containing the smsc-id 'sonera' that are
received while the 'sonera's connection is down will still be routed to the AT2 modem.
in order to prevent that - setup allowed-smsc-id rule on the AT2 module too, which
will specify a different smsc-id.

The important thing to remember here is that smsc-id set in each message (either by
the caller or by the sendsms configuration) is not the same as the smsc-id set in the
smsc group configuration, but rather a routing hint for kannel.

I think an answer to that question should go in the FAQ, as it's quite common.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise Inc.

::..
Jim, it's Jack. I'm at the airport. I'm going to Tokyo and wanna pay you the
five-hundred I owe you. Catch you next year when I get back!
    -- "The Rockford Files"