By the way I use MYSQL 5.0.

Julius David Bacolod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think the problem is with the sqlbox patch. Or I'd rather say that the problem is with my dependencies (or system settings, I do not know what really it is) that do not fit with the patch and the patched  executables. Please tell me the problem.

cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvs co sqlbox
#sqlbox from cvs

cd sqlbox && make patch

#patching
patching file Makefile.in
patching file configure
Hunk #1 succeeded at 81 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 4656.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 4703.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 5466 (offset -309 lines).
2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.rej
patching file configure.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 913.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 1081 (offset -89 lines).
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.in.rej
patching file gw/smsbox.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 3165 with fuzz 2 (offset -137 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 3346 (offset -2 lines).
patching file gwlib/cfg.def
Hunk #1 succeeded at 238 (offset -5 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 550 (offset -5 lines).
make: *** [patch] Error 1

sqlbox.patch patches 5 files: Makefile.in, configure, configure.in, gw/smsbox.c, gwlib/cfg.def. Three were succesfully patched. I tried to inspect the two who got error, configure and configure.in, with the hope that I can see what could be the problem. But since I'm a baby in bash scripting, I was only able to understand few things using instinctive pattern matching.

configure
hunk 2: 4656
hunk 3: 4703

`$MYSQL_CONFIG --libs_r | sed -e "s/'//g"`
was not able to replace
`$MYSQL_CONFIG --libs_r`

question number 1: Why do we need to replace ' with a null character?

configure.in

hunk 1: 913

`$MYSQL_CONFIG --libs_r | sed -e "s/\x27//g"` was not able to replace
`$MYSQL_CONFIG --libs_r`

`$MYSQL_CONFIG --libs | sed -e "s/\x27//g"` was not able to replace
`$MYSQL_CONFIG --libs`

question number 2: What character \x27 represent?
question number 3: Can I know what values $MYSQL_CONFIG, $MYSQL_LIBS represent?

I'm kind of confused and it's still not clear to me how it works. I do not have much time understanding all of these. I just want to know what am I lacking in my configurations, dependencies, libraries, system variables, compilations, database, etc, (whatever you may call it) ... if there is any. Please help (especially to Mr. Rene Kluwen). Thanks in advance.