Hi all

Got it working...my config was fine.

The problem was the USB to serial converter; it didn't do HW flow control. The clue was that I couldn't attach to the MC35i using Minicom with HW flow control on, only off.

However it appears that Kannel expects HW flow control(?) so I jimmied together a serial cable with pins 1,4 and 6 shorted together, and it worked.

Now to play :-)

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice, guys!

Regards,
Peter

Leo McManus wrote:
Had a lot of problems setting up a plane MC35 for data/PPP sessions on a real
commport. Found we needed the following AT commands setting:

ATS18           #Extended error reporting.
AT+IPR=0        #Autobauding on the PC interface
AT\Q3           #Hardware flow control
AT+CBST=0,0,1   #Autobauding on the Air interface
ATD*99***1#     #Dial command

We had a lot of PPP authentication OK reports, but it would immediatly fall out.
The only dial string that worked was the *99***1# all the others fell out.
Suspect that the crucial AT cammands are the CBST and the AT\Q3.

Hope this helps.

Leo

+32 495 503814
"In a study, scientists report that drinking beer can be
good for your liver. I'm sorry, did I say 'scientists'?
I meant Irish people."

Message: 1